Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Xerxez Draws!

Here are a few scans of some of my drawings in recent years. I am untrained and uneducated in materials and mediums so these represent only sharpie and felt tip pen drawings on bond paper--not the best effect for aging or copying but at any event, here are some pictures intended for projects I may never get to finish. I hope you like them! I am by no means a great artist but I think they are in the tradition of the old school and I would be very happy if they could inspire a DM or player with some gamey thoughts!





This is a rendering of a Baak-Suul warrior in repose with a Jashani courtesan playing upon her strings. The Baak-Suul are a reptillian race I prepared for my Rysanthis campaign--and I will admit they are heavily inspired by the Shen warriors of M.A.R. Barker's Tekumel setting. The Jashani Empire is headquartered in the great Eastern city of Jashan and Jashani merchants, traders, smugglers and warriors are very common in the coastal ports of Rysanthis.

This is a felt tip illustration of some of the principle events that transpired in my Rysanthian campaign with a very noteworthy band of heroes--my friends and fellow gamers who allowed me to DM this campaign for about one year, heaven bless them for their patience. I will probably give this one a blog post of it's own to share some of the adventures they had around the great Mistwater Lake--pictured at center is the wicked old Hag who took up residence in the lake and turned it's fey spirits inimical to the lake town people. Some well read observers may recognize the direct influences of Fritz Lieber. This drawing was water-damaged.
This is a sea-ruin I never got around to fleshing out. It's harbors are the haunt of a huge beast who guards sunken treasures, while the Carved City is now a dungeon of fearsome denizens and glorious treasures....
This is not a part of the Rysanthis campaign but a rough of a cover for a zine I once envisioned creating...who knows..perhaps it will yet come to pass!



No comments:

Post a Comment